Country Club of darien
Edgar S. Auchincloss was the visionary and founder of The Country Club of Darien. Mr. Auchincloss's parents acquired the 140-acre farm in the early 1900s as a vacation retreat for the sum of $10,000. By the 1950s, the estate had become an expensive luxury. To meet these changing conditions, a country club development was approved in the hope that members’ dues would provide funds to relieve the Auchincloss family of the personal expense of “carrying the land.” The Club broke ground in August of 1956 with 400 members. In 1986, to ensure the continuity of the Club after his death, Mr. Auchincloss made a very generous offer that allowed the membership to buy the Club property. Over the ensuing 30+ years, the Club facilities and grounds have been renovated and expanded to continue to provide its members with the best athletic, dining and social facilities in Fairfield County.
C2 Limited was retained to re-envision the clubhouse’s social and dining spaces as part of a $6 million clubhouse repositioning and exterior enhancement.
"The Membership has been raving over our new spaces since the day they were completed. C2 transformed our Clubhouse into something that went well above even our wildest expectations. To say we are pleased would be an understatement indeed."
‐ Marc Possidento, General Manager