baltimore country club
Baltimore Country Club was founded on January 12, 1898 at its Roland Park location. The Club was a success from the start, with 600 members enjoying its 150-acre facility less than five miles from downtown Baltimore. Just one year after opening, the Club gained immediate recognition in the golf world by hosting the fifth United States Open Championship, won by Willie Smith of Scotland. By the 1920s the decision was made to acquire land to the north of the city and expand the popular golfing amenities to a second location. The East Course at Five Farms, designed by A. W. Tillinghast, officially opened in September of 1926 and was instantly recognized as a masterpiece of golf course architecture.
The USGA lists Baltimore Country Club as one of the first 100 clubs established in the United States. Today the Club is nearly 3,300 members strong. It is widely recognized as one of the top 50 country clubs in the nation and top 100 in the world. In 2013, LINKS magazine named Baltimore Country Club as one of the 100 Most Prestigious Clubs in the World. BCC is one of only twelve clubs nationwide to operate on two campuses.
C2 Limited was invited to present a Lifestyle Master Plan to position Baltimore Country Club’s Five farms campus for future success and multi-generational use and enjoyment.